Job Description: Tennis Professional
Salary: $30,000 – $40,000 Annually (commensurate with experience)
Total Anticipated Compensation: $75,000-$90,000 Annually
The Laredo Country Club is the premier member owned private country club in South Texas. The tennis program is booming! More families, more kids, more adults, more beginners, more fun! Nine hard tennis courts, Musco lights, fully stocked Tennis Pro Shop.
“To empower our family of employees through fostering a positive environment, we will provide the most vibrant atmosphere with quality amenities as the premier country club in South Texas, while enhancing the Club experience by always striving for excellent service.”
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Must be PTR certified. A minimum of three years full-time experience. Team-oriented.
• Strong background in the 10 and under Junior Tennis Development for children: Red Ball, Orange Ball, and Green Ball.
• Self-motivated, strong attention to detail, solid work ethic, career oriented, strong organization and interpersonal skills, and leads by example.
• Teaching experience with previous education, willingness to learn and adapt, and emphasis in developing strong junior and adult programs.
• Teaching 40 hours/week of private classes and clinics.
• Tournament operations experience, enhanced knowledge with USTA tennis sanctioned tournaments and UTR programming.
• Pickleball teaching, leagues, tournaments, and special events.
• Jonas P.O.S. knowledge preferred.
Candidate will be responsible for many typical duties found at a high-end, private tennis/golf country club. Responsible for being attentive to all members and guest needs while maintaining a clean, organized work environment through-out all of the tennis operations.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Welcoming members and their guests to create a world-class experience at our high-end private facility.
• He or she will be an ambassador for the game of tennis to our members, our guests, and our employees.
• Weekly operating responsibilities including tennis pro shop hours/private classes/clinics/leagues/tournaments/special events.
• Direct our 10 and under tennis program: Red Ball, Orange Ball and Green Ball. Clinics, private classes, leagues, tournaments, traveling team for fun interclub matches and fun events.
• Pickleball private classes, clinics, and special events.
• Working with our members at all ages and levels, providing a daily presence in the tennis pro shop, tennis courts, and throughout the club.
• Directing or assisting with junior tennis development initiatives and player developments programs.
• Directing or assisting with assigned member tournaments/events giving our members a five-star tournament experience.
• Assistance with tennis racquet stringing/merchandising/and tennis pro shop responsibilities.
The right candidate will be career goal-oriented and have the drive to grow, learn and progress themselves as a tennis professional at one of the best facilities in the country.
• % of private classes
• Commission on clinics
• Meals while on-site
• Staff agreement
• education & dues
• Health insurance after 6 months (80% paid by club)