Head Tennis Professional
To teach private and group lessons and string racquets as required. To supervise and in the absence of the Director of Racquets, (as the “Manager On Duty”) be responsible for the operation of the Racquets department, grounds and buildings (Including the Pickleball courts and pool area) in a manner that reflects the mission of the Racquets Department.
Mission Statement: The Reserve Club Racquets Operations
The mission of the Racquets Operation is to offer a comprehensive program that is responsive to the needs of the membership, including a consistent level of service that meets or exceeds expectations.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Teach tennis and pickleball clinics and lessons as requested by the Director of Racquets and to assist with the integration and orientation of new members in both our tennis and pickleball operation.
• Assist as the “Manager on Duty”, in supervising all work that is to be performed by all part-time employees including but not limited to maintenance duties outlined below.
• Assist in Managing the Racquets Program. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
• Ensure accurate daily completion of member charges and payment for all junior and adult program lessons, intra-club leagues, special events, tournaments, guest fees and social events. No lessons are to be provided at any off-site facility.
• Assist in planning, executing, and managing Junior and Adult USTA Tournaments
• Assist in planning, executing, and managing a creative Summer Racquets/Golf Camp program, including participation in sports camps, including the hiring and coordination of part-time instructors.
• Assist in planning an Adult and Junior Racquets Calendar of events each year in consultation with the Director.
• Assist in planning, executing, and managing a year-round Junior Development Instructional Program
• Work with the Director of Racquets in planning and coordinating all instructional programs, lesson plans and new programs.
• Teach tennis and pickleball lessons, clinics and team practice sessions for members and children as requested by the Director of Racquets.
Member Events and Programs:
• Assist with running member tournaments, mixers and other special events as requested by the Director.
• Assist members in identifying and joining teams for league play. Inform Director of any members requesting information on league teams or joining new teams.
• Watch members participate in league play to provide specific feedback and advice during team practices and clinics.
• Ensure the timely preparation of all materials for the club Newsletter or monthly update of club website.
• Materials to include information on all adult and junior activities.
• String Racquets as requested and so that all racquets are strung within the club’s “24 Hour” restringing policy
• Supervise the opening the facility each morning, as scheduled including but not limited to the following:
• Ensure that all courts are prepared (As needed) for play each day, to include the following;
• Empty and wipe down all tidy buckets
• Reset all score-board tabs
• Wipe down all benches, chairs, and nets
• Clear courts of all balls and debris
• Ensure that all windscreens are tight and tied
• Foot Cleaners are clean and filled
• Clay courts are brushed and lined
• Ensure that water bottles are available in pool café
• Pickleball courts, walkways and shop area are clear of debris, dirt, pollen etc.
• Assist with managing or executing those items as described below, under the heading of “Racquets Maintenance Department Responsibilities”.
Racquets Maintenance Department Responsibilities:
• Check cleanliness of all bathrooms including emptying of all trash receptacles in the pool area.
• Ensure entire pool area is clean and presentable.
• Clean (or check for cleanliness) of the Pool/Tennis/Pickleball courts including emptying of all trash receptacles, clearing of any items left by Food & Beverage in the pool cafe area.
• Clean (or check for cleanliness) of all patios, walkway and parking lot areas including the removal of all trash, straightening and wiping down of chairs, removal of soiled towels etc.
• Removal of all trash from the Racquets pro shop building.
The following duties should be performed on an ongoing basis and “as needed” or coordinated with the Director of Racquets and Club Maintenance Department:
• Ensure the correct operation of all clay court sprinkler systems.
• Assist in maintaining the clay courts by applying Fast Dry material and Calcium Chloride as needed
• Ensure that all equipment needed to perform daily, and periodic maintenance of the facility is in good working condition
• Report to Director of Racquets any equipment or machinery that is not functioning correctly, including but not limited to rollers, carts, brooms, liners, and court lights.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum Certification Level USPTA/PTR Certification – Professional Level Other 2+ years’ experience Strong Collegiate Racquets playing background, NTRP level 5.0 or higher. Pickleball PPA certification or working towards obtaining certification. Net Generation certification or working toward certification.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.