Job Description: HEAD TENNIS PROFESSIONAL
MVP SPORTS CLUBS
Responsible for group and private tennis instruction to all customer groups, working with the Manager to grow the program and assisting with the program administration. She/he will maintain impeccable teaching standards including both on and off court activities.
– Responsible for providing group and private lesson instruction for all ages 3 and up.
– Have a working knowledge of the company operational software and be able to navigate it effectively.
– Assist with handling and troubleshooting any member concerns and billing issues.
– Work a minimum of eight (8) hours per week in an administrative capacity, assisting the Tennis Manager, as needed.
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all students and classes that are assigned.
– Maintain accurate attendance and class sign-up books and registration forms.
– Utilize scheduling program to book and re-book clients.
– Utilize commission/payroll system to ensure commissions are paid accurately and on time.
– Responsible for cultivating new/existing member business through presentations, cold calls to past participants, and community awareness.
– Promote, develop and “grow the game” in the area.
– Invite a minimum of 8 people per month to participate in up-coming league/class or social activities.
– Assist management in organizing and executing social and competitive tennis events for both juniors and adults.
– Assist management in organizing and executing USTA or in-house tournaments.
– Ability to work with Tennis Manager in long term development of schools programs.
– Assists members by answering all questions courteously and in a timely fashion.
-Immediately notify supervisor of problems or potential problems as they arise.
– Available to instruct a minimum of 30 hours per week.
– Report all weekly critical numbers to Tennis Manager.
– Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
– Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
– Other duties as assigned.
– USTA member.
– USPTA or USPTR certification as Professional or higher. In the event that a pro is hired without these certifications, he or she will be required to attain it within 6 months of hire date.
– Minimum of three to four years of college education.
– Involvement with USTA and local/state tennis organizations.
– CPR and first aid certification in infants, children and adults. Can obtain after hire.
– Must have proven ability to develop, grow and market new and innovative programming for adults and children alike.
– Minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
– College playing experience preferred at NCAA DIV I, II or III level.
– Customer Service Skills required.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks.
– Must be able to work extra hours, weekends, and holidays if needed.
– Proven track record of accountability and integrity.
– Familiar with various teaching tools needed to carry out principle responsibilities.
– Ability to play and teach tennis requiring standing, running, directional movements, swinging of racquet and holding of multiple tennis balls for at least 8 hours straight per day.
– Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; see, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.