Job Description: Position Overview:
The Racquet Sports Professional is an experienced industry professional with a passion for pickleball and tennis, and whose enthusiasm shows to all who meet him or her. The position is a full-time, year-round position and requires the candidate to be a highly visible and approachable staff member within the department. As presently organized, this position reports to the Director of Racquet Sports and works closely with other department staff.
The successful candidate is a passionate yet patient coach who can easily communicate with those they teach – from youngsters to seniors. He or she understands and lives by the concept of being a “team player,” making sure that collaboration is essential to personal success, as well as the success of those they work with. At the same time, the candidate has enough experience and strength to ensure the right thing is being done.
He or she will understand the importance of the membership and their guests by anticipating their desires and needs in a courteous and prompt, timely manner. They will be prepared to guide members, represent their ideas, assist them in achieving their goals and provide a positive environment.
Above all, the ideal candidates’ values align with the values and culture of the membership and the club. Those values are on display every day and displayed with every decision that is made.
-Drawing from extensive knowledge of racquet sports such as tennis and pickleball, the Racquets Professional is responsible for planning and implementing lessons and programs for members and guests of the Club.
– Provide private and semi-private coaching lessons for Members.
– Promote, organize and run any periodic special events including mixers, tournaments, and round robins in an effort to attract and retain members’ tennis and pickleball interests of all ages.
– Be a passionate ambassador for all racquet sports and require the same of the staff.
– Assure consistent, highly ethical, efficient and seamless daily operation of club-wide tennis and pickleball operations; provide members and guests with an environment that meets the values of Grey Oaks.
– Provide mentorship to the staff to ensure education is assured. Timely progression of the staff is essential.
– Help to oversee departmental programs and services to meet or exceed member satisfaction.
– Work with all teaching professionals, pro shop staff, maintenance staff and seasonal interns.
– Embody the Grey Oaks culture, mission, vision and values in all interactions with colleagues, Members and guests.
– Ensure that Members and guests are abiding by Club rules and values.
– Develop programs to encourage Member participation.
– Effective on-court communication skills and playing abilities, including the capacity to successfully improve the skills of participants.
– Be able to assess players’ strengths and weakness and provide members with accurate ratings.
– Enforce all club rules and regulations governing the use of the club/facility, its equipment and other property.
– Embody the Grey Oaks core values and culture while creating a welcoming environment for teammates and Members.
– Maintain a positive and professional relationship with Tennis Pros, Pro Shop Attendants, and court maintenance personnel.
– Observe all areas for safety.
– Provide outstanding Member service at all times.
– Ensure a high standard of cleanliness, facility presentation and safety at all times. Conduct regular inspections of daily work areas, seeing that all is clean and orderly.
– Responsible for the marketing and promotion of all programs and events organized in collaboration with the Director of Racquets.
– A minimum of three to five years related experience as an Assistant/Racquet Sports Professional, preferably at a private club or high-end hospitality resort.
– Certified PTR, PPR member.
– Proficient in the “USTA’s 10 and Under” initiative on teaching protocol.
– Helps to coordinate instruction and competitive/social playing when needed throughout the season.
– Must possess credible pickleball and tennis skills, 4.5+ or higher.
– High ethical standards and history. Final candidates will be subject to a full background check.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
– Compensation is a combination of on-court teaching and off-court management duties
– Individual and family health insurance
– Participation 401(k) plan with a generous matching contribution
– Professional association dues and education allowance
– Relocation assistance
– Grey Oaks Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer