Job Description: Full time hourly position with benefits package designed to fulfill the needs of the campus program teaching demands. The Full Time Tennis Teaching Professional will:
• Plan, organize and implement high quality lessons, clinics, camps, courses, drop ins, and other tennis programs.
• Establish a fun, energetic and engaged on court experience for all players.
• Work with the Director of Racquet Sports, Head of Racquet Sports and Head Professionals to identify areas of growth, options for increased revenue, or issues that need resolution.
• Teach clinics, group lessons, private lessons, organize round robins, and assist with any programs, events, or intern training as needed.
• Assist with promotion of programs.
• Teach in camps including summer camps.
• Assist with tennis events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Available to work a full schedule year round, including weekends
• PTR Certified (or willing to become and maintain either certification)
• Strong playing skills, 4.0+ rating preferred
• Organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
• Proficient computer skills and willingness to use IT
• A customer focused attitude, and a passion for working with people
• Willing to align with the USTA National Campus Teaching Philosophy
• Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attend professional development trainings & meetings
• Willing to receive CPR, AED certifications and undergo a background check
• Able to start something new, grow an existing program, manage other coaches, train and develop other coaches
• Ability to serve as a USTA-U intern mentor
Junior and Adult Teaching:
• Prior experience in R-O-G-Y tennis methodology preferred
• Ability to work in a variety of settings such as summer camp, instructional clinics and with children of all ages
• Comfortable working with 4-6 players in a group clinic format
• Ability to run dynamic drop-in tennis sessions with up to 8 players
• Experience training USTA players and teams
• Knowledge of running tournaments and member events a plus