Spend Spring Break on Hilton Head Island
Bring your team to beautiful Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, for a week full of sun, fun, beach and competitive tennis!
PTR has secured the finest hard courts on the island and has a full time professional staff ready to serve you year round.
Accommodations range from hotel rooms, to condos, to rental homes, many with fitness center access. Most are just a walk from the beach and the island’s downtown restaurants and attractions.
You can schedule as few as 1 match or as many as 5 matches. You can even have a match on clay if you like.
– only 4½ hours from Atlanta
– only 9 hours from Washington DC
– only 11 hours from Pittsburgh
– only 13 hours from NYC or Indianapolis
How to Register
Get your plans underway to join coaches from around the country on Hilton Head Island, SC.
– If you have not already registered, be sure to complete the registration form today.
– List any teams you would like to play while you are here, or any teams you have already played.
– Be sure to reserve accommodations for your group early, ideally from our official partners. We have secured convenient lodging locations that offer clean and enjoyable villas, homes and hotels for whatever your group may need. Our Official PTR Accommodation Partners provide excellent prices and great locations and amenities. To expedite all your lodging requirements, book directly with our Accommodation Partners but feel free to call PTR for any advice on lodging.
Be sure to give our website link to all parents and others. They will also receive our special pricing on accommodations and island discounts.
The Spring TennisFest full registration fee is per team. The fee includes
Our professionally maintained facilities have site directors on duty, single sticks, scoreposts, water and ice.
Payment can be made by Credit Card (we accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover).
Or you can request an invoice to be sent.
We have excellent pricing on comfortable accommodations with great amenities. Click here for official Accommodation Partners.
You can register for the PER MATCH registration fee of $139 per match. This fee structure does not include T-shirts or the Welcome Cookout, but those can be added. Practice time can not be guaranteed with the per-match fee, but we will try to accommodate.The Per-Match fee is calculated according to the anticipated schedule. If there is rain or the match is not completed – you will be refunded.
PTR has arranged very competitive rates on accommodations which include many great amenities like Fitness Center access, outdoor grills, free internet, heated pools and spas, ping pong tables and more. Register your team early for the best rate – and for first choice on sites for your matches.
Register now by contacting the PTR Headquarters Staff at 843-785-7244 or simply fill out and submit the Registration Form.
Arrival in the morning at any site is prohibited before 7:30am.
All match times are start times, include only oncourt warm-up. The match must start on time. If you are the first match on, arrive 30-40 minutes early for warm-up. If not first match on, then warmup at practice courts or arrive early and you may be able to take a few empty courts for warm-up.No matches are booked on clay; unless requested by the coach. No matches are scheduled further than 5 miles.
PTR can provide a ITA-certified referee for your match at a fee of $150 per referee per match. This fee can be split by the coaches, or paid by one coach. Coaches can include this fee in your STF registration fee and PTR will pay the referees. Payment arrangements must be determined in advance.
Once registration payment is received, practice times can be booked. Teams choosing the all-inclusive fee receive up to eight (8) hours of practice time at their choice of practice venues. ( i.e. 2 courts for 2 hours = 4 hours of practice time).
PTR Inc (operators of Spring TennisFest), its Directors, employees, and others related to STF are held harmless for any injuries, accidents or loss of property.
If a team cancels, match fees will be fully refunded up to December 1, 2020. Refunds after that time, but before February 1, will be given at 50% or credited in full to following year’s registration.
Our accommodation partners are sponsors who help keep your prices low. They also support our Welcome Dinner.
Payment must be received from each team to list as a confirmed match.Teams are encouraged to send out their official match contracts.
Schedules are posted on www.springtennisfest.com and are subject to change so please check back each day to confirm the following days matches.
The time listed on the schedule is your match Start Time. Please arrive 15-30 minutes early in case you can take the courts early.
If yours is the FIRST match of the day at any location, you can arrive early for extended warmup.
If NOT the first match on, then you should warmup at the practice courts. We will always try, but can not guarantee that you will have team warmup time at the site.
Singles Sticks are provided at each site. The site director can put them up for you. The net shall be supported by the stick at 36 inches outside the singles sideline on each side.
In the event of rain, we will be in contact with teams and expect them to help prepare courts as soon as the weather dictates.
PTR Spring Tennis Fest will follow the ITA format.
7-point team score; no warm-up between opponents; no-ad scoring in singles and doubles; doubles set first to 6 games with a 7-point tiebreak at 6-all. Singles will play a 10-point tiebreak for the 3rd set. No Service Lets. If the serve hits the net and goes into the service box, the ball is in play. As with ITA, there is no warmup with your opponent oncourt.
Doubles format – Division III. The format is three 8-game pro set doubles matches with a 7-point tiebreak at 7-all. Scoring. Regular scoring shall be used in doubles and singles. But third set shall be a 10-point tie break.
Welcome Party is FREE for 8 players per team if you are using our Accommodations Partners – Vacation Company or Spinnaker Resorts. Extra Tickets – or those staying elsewhere are $20.
6:00pm • Sonesta Resort Beach Pavilion
6:00pm seating & 6:30pm seating • Sonesta Resort Beach Pavilion
6:00pm seating & 6:30pm seating • Sonesta Resort Beach Pavilion
Play on the finest courts Hilton Head has to offer. Spring TennisFest has partnered with facilities all over the island, both private and public, to offer you some of the finest venues around town. From world renowned Van der Meer Tennis Center to the beautiful location at Chaplin Park, where the ocean is your backdrop, you and your team will enjoy the very best when it comes to hard and/or clay courts.
19 DeAllyon Rd, off Cordillo Pkwy
• Eight (8) DecoTurf courts
• Full service pro shop, restrooms, water and ice
639 William Hilton Pkwy, at Singleton Beach Rd
• Six (6) hard courts with lights (automatically shut off at 10pm)
• Restrooms and water
• There is a park on site with fields and playground
70 Shipyard Dr
• Four (4) hard courts for our use
• Evian Way, Shipyard
70 Wilborn Rd
• Six (6) courts
• Restrooms and water located next door at the Recreation Center
• limited parking
40 Folly Field Rd
• Eight (8) hard courts
• Park at end of Court 10 in boat/truck parking
663 William Hilton Pkwy
• Four hard courts in the middle of 1st building
• Only use the cluster of 4 courts (not the 2 out front)
• Parking notice: Pull up to guard gate then take right and follow road around to far side of building for parking.
116 Shipyard Dr Dr
• Four (4) Hard courts (in the back)
• Please do not go on clay courts, unless you have booked them
10 Clubhouse Drive
• Brand new facility with 6 clay courts
• Director: Dale Brown
Cordillo Parkway off Pope Avenue
• 4 public courts
Coaches – Be sure you have booked your allotted practice court time with PTR by emailing email@example.com or call or text 843-816-4573. Do not use a facility for practice unless you have scheduled it through PTR.
Hilton Head Resort
Chaplin Park Tennis Center
Hilton Head Beach & Tennis
Hilton Head High School
Shipyard Racquet Club
Call 800-504-8823 or reserve by email at firstname.lastname@example.org The most economical and comfortable option is to secure a few 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condo/villas for your team. You can save on food, eating in for breakfast, lunch and even team dinners. Spinnaker is the official host site and they have numerous properties with great amenities like WIFI, large cook-in kitchens, fitness center and a game room on site featuring air hockey and ping pong. Waterside is located walking distance to the practice courts, beach, grocery, shops and downtown. They are very affordable with weekly rates for a 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom & 3 bedroom villas. Or if you want a property that is more secluded, select Spinnaker’s Egret Point – still located only 2 miles from everything. All 5 properties are priced very economically for you. 5 night minimum.
5 night minimum
Hilton Head & Tennis Resort is located at one of the Match Sites. However, the resort is more isolated off Folly Field Road.
Check out www.hhibeachandtennis.com. To reserve, call 800-475-2631 and mention Spring Tennis Fest for the special rate from Carolyn.
The Vacation Company
Specializing in beach homes for your team or teams.
You can view their “Home Finder” at www.vacationcompany.com.
Click on the Interactive Map icon, enter the number of bedrooms you will need and all the properties will pop up. Remember, for 2 teams, you can rent 2 adjacent homes.
Ask for Tiffany for your PTR Spring TennisFest rates when calling 1.800.545.3303 to choose a 3 – 6 bedroom home, or Email: email@example.com.
Official Hotel: The Beach House by Holiday Inn
Only $149 per night for STF Teams
Limited! Call Early! Resort Fee Waived!
The Beach House is a short walk away from the Van Der Meer Tennis Center and over 60 shops, restaurants, and other attractions. The hotel features the iconic Tiki Hut Barefoot Beach Bar which hosts some of the best live entertainment on the island. This resort offers an outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness and business center, free WIFI, Keurig coffee machines, mini fridges, and HD Television. Full Service Hotel rooms may be your preference with daily cleaning service. Great rates for PTR at only $149 per night for teams in March. Book here and enter code STF or call 855-433-0341.
If you plan to FLY, Hilton Head Island is serviced by many nearby airports. Of course, Hilton Head airport is the most convenient but check other nearby airports for more competitive pricing.
|Hilton Head Island, SC||HHH||8 minutes from PTR|
Delta, United and American Airlines
|Savannah, GA||SAV||45 minutes from island||Multiple Airlines|
|Brunswick, GA||BQK||2 hours from island||Delta|
|Charleston, SC||CHS||2 hours from island|
Delta, United, American, JetBlue, Southwest
|Jacksonville, FL||JAX||3 hours from island||Multiple Airlines (usually cheapest)|
Spring TennisFest teams get a discount on car or van rentals from Enterprise or National.
Click here for car and mini-van discounts.
Or for discounts on 15 passenger vans, contact Jessica at Jessica.R.Murphy@ehi.com or 912-604-4439.
Get your plans underway to join coaches from around the country on Hilton Head Island, SC for PTR Spring TennisFest.
Coaches must be PTR Members to register. You can become a Full member (certified) or a Coach Member (non-certified) of PTR in order to participate.
1. Register below so you will be listed on the Expected Teams list. On this form, let us know which teams or which strength of teams and dates you would like to play while you are here. We will forward an invoice which you should pay by this fall. Then, we contact the coaches directly to schedule the matches for you. (If there is a team you would like to play and you don’t see them on our list, please contact PTR and we will reach out to them.)
2. Our Official PTR Accommodation Partners – Spinnaker Resorts and Vacation Company Homes – provide an excellent price, great location and many amenities. By using our Accommodations partners, they pay for your team to attend the Beachside Welcome Dinner on Sunday night! (A $150 savings per team!) Reserve your accommodations early to get the best choices available. Book directly with our Partners but feel free to call PTR for any advice on the lodging. Spinnaker Resorts also provides a $69/night hotel room for your CDL Bus Driver.
3. Work with Julie to organize your schedule by email, phone or text. Then PTR will book the court and confirm everything with both coaches. We will post it on the Match Schedule starting in the fall.